Accepting Financial Aid
After you have requested educational funding and effectively cleared all holds, a notification shall be delivered to your Panther Mail and MyFIU account to accept/decline your school funding. This school funding notification is sent out no sooner than June of every 12 months for present pupils. Follow these actions to simply accept your school funding:
- Login to MyFIU. See Access MyFIU for assistance.
- Choose the ‘Financial Aid’ tile.
- Decide on a 12 months through the ‘help 12 months’ column within the dining table.
- Review all eligibility demands for every product you accept by pressing the linked item name. Funds and scholarships are immediately accepted for you, but loans need which you accept or decline.
- Loan recipients should accept only the loan quantity essential to pay money for academic costs. See getting Loans for more details.
- To simply accept or drop an item that is individual choose the box under ‘Accept’ or ‘Decline’ line. To just accept or drop the whole package, simply click on ‘Accept All’ or ‘Decline All’ buttons.
- Verify choices by pressing ‘Submit. ‘
- Some things may instruct one to finish documents that are additional. Check the demands for the school funding system.
Educational Funding Process
The help you accept here is considered aid that is pending. Pending help might not be the amount that is actual receive upon disbursement. The school funding workplace may periodically make adjustments whilst the start of semester approaches or thereafter.
The absolute most reasons that are common a modification include modifications to:
- Enrollment which reduces the price of attendance
- Residency status
- Housing arrangements
- Satisfactory Academic Progress status
- Extra the help of other sources most likely other help happens to be disbursed (including tuition waivers, assistantships and fellowships)
- Inaccuracies within the info on which your educational funding is dependent
When your help is modified, you are going to receive a “revised economic help notice” during your Panther Mail. Make sure to check always your e-mail frequently.
More often than not, pending help is determined predicated on full-time enrollment. Look at the needs for the aid that is financial program you fall a course. See forms of help for enrollment needs for the system.
Receiving Your Educational Funding
Your aid that is financial is to your pupil account by means of a disbursement, given because of the school funding workplace. Disbursement does not always mean the cash happens to be provided for you. Cash being sent right to you or your bank account is recognized as a learning student reimbursement and occurs after disbursement.
When you have completed most of the actions to getting school funding in a prompt way, you could expect disbursement to take place within the after manner:
- Loans are disbursed more or less 10 times ahead of the start of semester
- Funds and scholarships are disbursed roughly 3 times following the add/drop date
- School funding is still disbursed through the entire semester as specific pupils meet up with the disbursement demands
Tuition and charges, housing fees, guide improvements along with other allowable fees will likely be deducted from your own planned aid that is financial. You have to pay any outstanding stability perhaps not included in your disbursement. Observe how to fund more info.
If excess help continues to be on your own account after your bank account happens to be compensated plus the re re payment due date has passed away, your pupil refund will be prepared and released. Find out about School Funding Refunds.
To make certain you’ll get all excess educational funding since quickly as you are able to, create a primary deposit to get your reimbursement.
Questions Regarding Disbursements
Sometimes, you shall have questions pertaining to your educational funding disbursements. Make sure to contact the right workplace when you are considering responses.
Contact OneStop when you need to learn:
- Why your aid that is financial has reduced/canceled
- Why you have to get back funds currently disbursed for your requirements